Monday, January 31, 2005 - 15:23

The Chair Saga, Part II

So here's an update on the chair saga, simply because I cannot believe that a single shop can display this level of incompetence.

I decided to keep the chair and fix it up myself, but phoned the salesman to let him know that I wasn't happy. He insisted that I must be happy, and that they'd send a new chair. I explained (again) that I am at work all day, and everyone else is sick of coming over to my house, and sitting around wasting their afternoon waiting for a chair. So he said he'd arrange a special delivery for me on Sunday; I said Saturday would actually be better, he said okay, he'd come back to me.

He never came back to me.

Sunday, I get a phone call from him with a confused story about the chair going to Belleville, even though it had his name on it, so it wouldn't be delivered. Not that he'd told me it was supposed to be, but at this stage that's a minor quibble. So he said he was going to speak to the big bosses, because (quite indignant, here) this whole story was giving him a bad name. I said no kidding, it's giving Tafelberg Furnishers a bad name, and that this is their last chance before I tell them to just come pick up the chair and give me my money back. No, no, he's sure it'll work out; he'll speak to the big bosses and they'll sort it out and he'll get back to me.

Today is Monday; as yet, mid-afternoon, no phone call from either the salesman or the big bosses. I can't say I'm surprised.

At this rate, they should leave me the chair and give me my money back. I paid cash up front, which means they've had a lot more use of out my money than I've had out of their chair.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 28/5/07 14:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tafelberg Furnitures in Bellville promised me 6 weeks delivery on a living room set. I ordered it. After six weeks I had to phone THEM to hear why they havent delivered. They gave me lame excuses, and promised they will delivery in 2 weeks time and that they will phone me back. Again they didnt deliver nor did they phone back. AGAIN for the third time they promised a delivery date, which has come and gone, and AGAIN I had to phone THEM to hear why they havent delivered. This seems to be the NORM in the Cape: lie to your customer and break your promises. Its unacceptable. I've logged a complaint at the Furniture Traders Association but as with every thing else in the Cape, I'm pretty sure the complaint will fall on deaf ears. So before you do business with Tafelberg: Ask yourself if you are willing to be let down time after time with false promises on delivery dates. If thats ok with you, go ahead and order. I hope people stop doing business with places who's word doesnt mean anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home