Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 13:26

Watch out Robin Hood!

Yesterday I went for my first archery lesson :-)

It was a lot of fun, and while it was difficult it wasn't quite as difficult as I thought it might be - I actually got quite a few golds, and only missed the target entirely 3 times (two of which were before they actually showed me how to aim, so that wasn't my fault).

Today, though, my arm muscles are really sore, along with all the muscles down my side, and the left hand side of my neck & arm & face is totally sunburned - since it's not like cricket where you change ends halfway through, my right side didn't get a chance to get sunburned - and since you wear a leather guard on the inside of your left arm, which has straps going around the outside of your arm, my arm is burned in stripes!

But it was great, and I plan to go back next weekend. The people are really friendly and helpful - for any Capetonians who are interested, I went to the Protea Sport Club in Retreat (just opposite Zwaanswyk on the main road, you can't miss it); it costs R30 for visitors, and that includes coaching and the rental of all equipment. Beginner's classes are from 13:00 to 15:00 on Saturdays.

There were four people in my beginner's group, and we really all showed great improvement over the two hours - but still, I'm glad that these days we don't have to hunt for food, otherwise I'd be going hungry :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home