Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:21

Merging MSN and GoogleTalk

So now that I'm working at a company that actually allows me to run MSN again, I had to decide if I wanted to run MSN, GoogleTalk, or both.

The thing is that some friends are on GoogleTalk, and some are on MSN - but I don't really want to have two different windows to monitor. And I like the GoogleTalk interface; I did consider installing Psi, or something like that, but the interface is pretty important. So I did a quick search on the net, and found a way to trick GoogleTalk into loading my MSN contacts :-)

It's really easy - basically, you set up Psi using your GoogleTalk account, then connect to a server that supports MSN. Load your MSN contacts, and then log out of Psi; and the next time you log into GoogleTalk, you'll see all your MSN contacts as well as your normal contacts! It supports personal messages and images, although you might have rename the MSN contacts to something a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

For more detailed instructions, go here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home