Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 19:35

Teddy Bears & Adult Ed

I haven't blogged for a while now; partly because I've been busy, and partly because I've been hanging out on MyBroadband quite a lot - and since I've been talking to real people, I've had less need to come here to talk to myself :)

But there's something I wanted to share, so I'm back. I decided I needed to branch out and learn some new skills, so I signed up for some adult ed courses at Bergvliet High School. And so far it's been really fun!

The first evening was a course on making chocolate truffles; there were about 7 of us there, and we made 5 different kinds of truffles. Relatively small batches - 5 or 6 of each type - but more than enough to take home and enjoy over the next week ;)

The next two weeks was a Teddy Bear making workshop. This was even more fun than the truffle course, even though it didn't involve any chocolate. It was run by Carol, from Bears and Beads in Plumstead, and we made a bear called Lilly (everything to make the bear was supplied - fur, joints, needles, pins, stuffing, everything). There were 4 of us on this course, and apart from making the bear we had a lot of fun joking around and chatting. The bear itself was a lot of hard work, but so worth it! I decided once I started assembling mine, that he was more of a he than a she, and so he became Billy instead of Lilly :) Every time I look at him I'm so proud that I made him!

IMAG0025

Isn't he cute?

I bought a kit for another bear - this one is called Boet, and he's a gangly, long-limbed, and yet cute bear. I forgot to take photos of the process of making Billy; my plan for Boet is to take photos and post them here as I go along.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home