Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 07:37

Couches and Coricraft

So with moving last week, I've had to go shopping :-) I've got a lot of stuff from before I left, but I needed to get some furniture, like a computer desk, mattress, and couches.

I looked all over for nice couches, and just couldn't find anything I liked. And not just not at a reasonable price, but not at any price! (Well, except for some lovely leather couches at R20000, but that's a bit more than I'm willing to pay).

But then I found some lovely couches at Coricraft. Slip-cover, so easy to clean, and incredibly comfortable. And on sale! The only catch is, they make them up specially for you, so it takes 4 to 5 weeks. And I've seen a lot of bad things about Coricraft on the net - delivering late and damaged, etc.

But they're so nice that I ordered them anyway. They're just so amazingly soft and comfortable!

I was pleasantly suprised - their original estimate was pretty much spot on (I got a call after 4 weeks saying that the couches were ready). The only problem was with delivery - apparently I live in a morning delivery area, so they didn't want to deliver in the afternoon, which is the only time that anyone was available to be at my place to accept delivery (a bit of a cheek, considering how much delivery costs!). But I got it sorted, and they did deliver in the afternoon, and when they were delivered they were in excellent condition.

So kudos to Coricraft, and hopefully this post will counterbalance some of the negative things I've seen about them :-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 23/12/08 13:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may have a good experience with them. I most certainly did not. I bought a table and when it arrived it was cracked. Does no one do any quality control in that place?

 
At 21/5/09 11:05, Anonymous Nthabiseng said...

I certainly did not have a good experience with them(Coricrafft - Design Quarter). I bought a side board on the 6th of April and was told by the sales lady it will be delivered mid May as they get their stock from Cape Town. A few days later a lady called me and said they received my order and it will be delivered end of May.I called them on the 20th of May to find out the progress, and to y dismay i was told that i will only be receiving my side table end of June as they get their furniture from overseas!!Who waits fr a mere side board for 2 months n the inconsistency of the info provided to the customers is appalling.Told them i will be coming in iver the weekend to get my money back!Mrs Sehlapelo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home